DOUBLE RUM HEMP TRUFFLES
These happy little balls of joy are the perfect sweet treat during the Festive Season! Or all year round!
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup Planet Hemp Superfood Hemp Hearts
2 Tbsp cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp ginger powder
10 medjool dates, pitted (if dried out, soak in warm water for 10 minutes then drain)
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
4 oz rum
Chocolate Dipping Sauce:
1 cup finely chopped cacao butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup cacao powder or paste
HOW TO MAKE:
1. Place pecans and Planet Hemp Superfood Hemp Hearts in a food processor or high speed blender and process until it reaches the consistency of a meal. Remove and set aside in a dish.
2. Next, place pitted dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain and/or it forms into a ball.
3. Then add in the cocoa powder and 1/2 of the nut meal and pulse. Continue pulsing and adding the nut meal and the rest of the ingredients until dough is formed.
4. Once you have a dough that’s easy to form into balls, scoop out 1 Tablespoon amounts and roll/carefully and form into balls. (If they aren’t quite forming, put in the freezer until solid. Set on parchment paper and place in freezer to chill. You should have about 14 truffles.
5. In the meantime melt chocolate in a double boiler. Be careful not to overheat. Once melted, stir in cacao butter to help the chocolate thin and ease the dipping process, then add 2 tbsp maple syrup.
6. Remove truffles from freezer and, one at a time, dip them into the melted chocolate. Use a fork to remove them and tap away excess chocolate. Transfer back onto parchment paper and top with hemp seeds!
7. Repeat until all truffles are dipped. Let set at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature. Transfer to freezer for longer term storage.